Sunday, January 25, 2009
Registration for the 2009 Terry Larrazabal Bike Festival is now officially open... In fact we already received registration forms yesterday..
REGISTRATION PERIOD IS FROM JANUARY 25 TO MARCH 21. NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION!
Mechanics are simple:
1. Participants may download the registration forms from our website: www.tlbr.org. The form is available either in PDF or Word file format.
2. Participants may also choose to get and fill up their registration forms at TLBF Registration Centers (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a list):
3. Upon filling up the form, the participant may submit the form by:
3.a. Emailing the form to email@example.com
3.b. Submitting it to a TLBF Registration Center
4. If submitted by email, the participant will be called by the organizers to verify the information and provide the details on how & where the registration fee can be deposited. Upon confirmation of deposit, the participant will be called by the organizers to be given a "CONTROL NUMBER".
5. If submitted to a Registration Center, the participant shall remit the registration fee to the shop.
5.a. Upon payment of the registration fee, the participant will be given a verification stub, which is the lower portion on the registration form. The stub contains an acknowledgement receipt that the amount has been paid for, and the person has submitted his registration form.
6. All TLBF participants are required to CONFIRM their registration ON-SITE at the Subic Convention Center, on April 2, 2009, or at least a day before the event/competition he/she is to join...
NO CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION IS ALLOWED ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT/COMPETITION.
7. Upon verification of registration, the organizers will require the stub to be submitted (part of the verification process). Participants are required to bring a valid I.D. with a picture. The I.D. must contain the participants' photo and date of birth.
NON-COMPLIANCE WITH THIS IS GROUND FOR THE CANCELLATION OF THE REGISTRATION. FEES PAID IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
THERE SHALL BE 4 COMPUTER PROGRAMMERS WHO SHALL PROCESS ALL REGISTRATIONS. SO REST ASSURED, THINGS WILL BE PROCESSED IN A SPEEDY AND ORDERLY MANNER.
8. Upon completion of the registration process, TLBF participants shall then be given their loot/goodie bag, and race number. Each participants will also be given his/her meal stub for the meal during the awarding ceremonies on April 5 (only one free meal is provided for). A RAFFLE STUB shall also be given to each participant... Please make sure you do not loose this..
UPON COMPLETION OF THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, ALL TLBF PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SIGN A WAIVER.
9. On April 2, 3 & 4, at 7:00 p.m. at the Subic Convention Center, there will be a Technical Managers meeting. Race regulations/guidelines for the competitions the day after will be discussed. Competitors are strictly required to attend the said meeting to make sure all questions/queries are addressed BEFORE the race.
THE TECHNICAL MEETING WILL BE CONDUCTED BY THE EVENT/RACE DIRECTOR.
10. After the nightly Technical Managers meeting, we'll also have a raffle for TLBF participants present during the meeting... We'll give away goodies like bike parts, etc. Only those present when their name is called are qualified to win.
11. Registration Center / Secretariat / Info Center is located at the Subic Convention Center. All questions will be addressed there.
12. We will also have billboards in strategic locations in Subic which provide information on races and activities during the festival.
13. The local FM radio station will also be periodically broadcasting updates/news to keep TLBF participants updated/informed.
14. All TLBF participants automatically are allowed entrance to FilBike Bicycle and Outdoor Expo.
FOR MORE UPDATES, PLEASE VISIT OUR SITE: www.tlbf.org, or visit our blog at: www.terrylarrazabalbikefestival.blogspot.com
For FOREIGN PARTICIPANTS, you may submit your forms thru email. Payment can be made thru PayPal.
Thanks and feel free to email us for any questions/queries, or call us at +63.918.9088523. Thanks!
Posted by GYL at 9:59 PM
Thursday, January 8, 2009
The Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority, which runs the Subic Bay Freeport Zone (venue of the TLBF), signified it's unwavering support for the 2009 Terry Larrazabal Bike Festival. SBMA Administrator Armand Arreza (white shirt in the picture below), during a meeting to discuss the 2009 TLBF, re-iterated SBMA's firm commitment in support of the festival, promising the full cooperation of SBMA for the continued success of the festival.
Posted by GYL at 5:50 PM
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Just spoke with cycling legend Hans Rey, and he confirmed that he'll be attending and participating in the 2009 TLBF! Hans has been active in his charity, Wheels 4 Life. A number of bicycles were given away several countries.
Little trivia about Wheels 4 Life. Hans Rey gave away bicycles to residents in Southern Leyte who were affected by the devastating landslide which killed thousands of people.. The donation was coursed through the Archbishop of Southern Leyte. It was the first donation of bicycles of Wheels 4 Life wherein Hans himself handed over the bicycles to the beneficiaries.
Stay tuned for updates on activities Hans will be doing in the Philippines for the festival, and Wheels 4 Life!
Posted by GYL at 8:30 PM